Very successful visit
- Spotgate Inn Hilderstone Road Spot Acre Stone ST15 8RP. Telephone 01889 505277.
- Left Penkridge 9.30 and visited Wyevale Garden Centre at Wolseley Bridge for about 1.30 hours. Arrived at Spotgate just before 12.00 and left shortly after 15.00.
Arrived back in Penkridge at 16.10 after considerable traffic delays.
- 3 course lunch cost £11.75. Quality and quantity of food very good and plenty of choice. Service excellent; they were obviously used to serving large groups.
- There were 39 members on 49 seater coach hired from Grayshells Coaches of Cannock.( In expensive coach company.) We occupied one of the two static railway restaurant carriages which has a capacity of 42.
- Members were charged £20 per person and the consensus seemed to be that it was good value for money. Probably worth a return visit in the future.